Apply for a Permit
Online Permitting: Building, Plumbing, Gas, Electrical and Sheet Metal Permits
Welcome to the Town of Hingham's electronic Permit Management System.
Search Existing Building Permits
The Building Department is now using an online permitting program. This system enables the town constituents to apply online for permits, view sign-offs and enables a process review for numerous online permit submittals.
If this is your first time applying for a permit, please read the information below.
- Contractors, electricians, plumbers, and gas fitters, who are submitting permit applications - and homeowners who are applying for a building permit - can now submit applications online. The whole process is automated and paperless.
- The first step is to register and set up an account. This will take less than five minutes and will save time when submitting a permit application.
- Please note that payment for permits will be made online with a check routing number and account number or Master Card/Discover/Visa.
- Important! Please be sure to use one of the supported browsers (this list appears when you register). The program is not compatible with Apple product browsers. Your pop up blocker must be "off" when you enter and submit a permit application.
- You pay online after the inspector reviews your permit and approves the fee; you will be notified via email when your application is ready for payment. After the permit is issued, you can log on and print your permit. Call (781) 741-1420 with any questions.
Please note that workers' compensation information must be submitted with all applications. When you apply for a permit you will be completing the affidavit online. If you are a sole proprietor, and workers' comp is not required,you will be checking that box. If you do have workers' compensation insurance, we request that you upload the certificate (showing policy no. and expiration date) to your online permit application.